The main objective of work package 2 is to develop, test and deploy a software suite that will be used to perform the integrated decommissioning process using the BIM approach.
WP2 included 4 subtasks aiming at defining the basis of the PLEIADES software architecture, deploying the PLEIADES server, developing innovative modules and performing tests to validate the overall approach.
Task 2.1 – PLEIADES platform software architecture
Task 2.1 provided the basis of this work package by providing an overview of the technologies used by the partners’ software, defining the architecture of the platform and ensuring that all requirements notified by WP1 are taken into account by the PLEIADES software.
Before defining this architecture, and on the basis of the work done in WP1, a software mapping has been carried out allowing to ensure that all the functionalities required in WP3 are (or will be) well covered by the PLEIADES software.
Concerning the software architecture of PLEIADES, several technical solutions have been studied, and described with pros and cons, each based on server-side (backend and frontend) or client-side alternatives.
Task 2.2 – PLEIADES platform interfaces design
Activities of the Task 2.2 were split into following phases:
- To specify the hardware infrastructure and software architecture necessary to run and maintain PLEIADES central server including the identity management, database and file storage.
- To specify the structure of the data stored in the database engine, its classes and properties – so called “API classes”.
- To install and maintain the server as specified in the previous phase.
- To develop the custom API interface for manipulating the decommissioning-related data and files. This has been implemented in accordance with the specification of the API classes.
Figure: Illustration of PLEIADES server architecture and concept.
After successful installation of the server and implementation of the API, all partners are now able to connect to the central server and manipulate with the data. Security of this access is achieved by using OAuth 2.0 protocol implemented by a proven identity access management tool. This means that to access the server’s resources (the data and files), each partner gets a set of authentication credentials for which the appropriate permissions are linked.
The whole “eco-system” has been tested and proven in following tasks of the WP2.
Task 2.3 – Innovative software modules development
The main objective of Task 2.3 is to increase the interoperability and the functionalities addressed by the software of the PLEIADES ecosystem. To achieve this goal, each partner involved has developed and/or improved functionalities that will ultimately allow us to provide new services in the PLEIADES ecosystem.
- L&S : New Features for points clouds processing (Clash detection, lighting,…)
- CEA : Improve Real time dose rate calculation for BIM data
- WAI : Improve the management of input data from other PLEIADES software
- VTT : New module to visualize DEM+ data, New compatibly with AR Headset
- IFE : New module to import/export IFC file format
- CDS : New module to import/export IFC file format
T2.4 –Validation test
The main aim of this task is to demonstrate the functional use of the connectors developed for each module software and validate the realization of the implementation of PLEIADES platform on real use cases.
For this purpose, a series of tests has been defined, executed and the results have been collected in deliverable 2.3.
The validation test is composed by technical tests and functional acceptance test. For each module software, a dedicated connector has been developed to allow communication and data exchange with the PLEIADES platform. Unitary tests are performed independently for each connector in order to validate their functional use.
Then functional acceptance tests aimed to perform tests close to the actions we will have to perform to complete the user stories. During the test, suggestions or recommendations regarding all the partners have sent the further development of the central server.
Work package 2 workshop – October 2022
In order to close the WP2 and to prepare the execution of WP3 user stories, a workshop was organized following the 4th plenary meeting.
The objectives of the workshop were to :
- Expose and share the technical choices and development with the partners not involved in WP2
- For each partner, present the first version of its connector and innovative module
- Share guidelines and best practices for ecosystem PLEIADES use.
Follow the project’s LinkedIn page and subscribe to our newsletter to keep up-to-date with the project’s progress!